1. Please review eligibility requirements to determine if you qualify.
2. Complete application below, if you need assistance email [email protected] or call 651.636.0797.
1. You must currently live in and own a single-family residence in the Twin Cities Metro Area and intend to live in this home for at least the next two years.
2. You are eligible if you are at least 60 years old, or a Disabled Adult, or a Veteran of the United States Armed Forces or their Surviving Spouse.
3. Your total household income (from all sources) for the previous calendar year must not exceed:
Household size: 1 2 3 4
Monthly/Yearly income: $2529/$30,350 $3429/$41,150 $4329/$51,950 $5229/$62,750
NOTE: Homes will be considered the based availability of volunteers, materials, and scope of work.
What We Do:
Home improvements are limited to exterior painting and related repairs. Work may include:
- Exterior painting
- Repair or partial replacement of damaged siding or trim
- Accessibility ramp or railings
- Stair or walkway repair
- Repair or replacement of windows and doors
- Repair of retaining walls
- Gutter Repair
- Deck and porch repair
- Landscaping renewal and removal of debris
The purpose of this work is to restore the character of the home and the surrounding neighborhood and to improve the home’s weatherproofing and security. Volunteers do not provide any interior refurbishment, major electrical work, or plumbing services.
Unless you permit us to share contact information with other non-profit aid organizations, your application will be kept confidential and will be used solely for the purpose of evaluating the acceptability of your home for repairs or refurbishment by Hearts & Hammers—Twin Cities, Inc.
If you have questions regarding the application process or your eligibility, please call Melanie at 651.636.0797.