How do I apply for Hearts & Hammers home improvement?
Apply online or call 651-636-0797 to request that an application is mailed to you. Review the eligibility requirements and complete and sign the application. Please return printed completed application to the following address.
Hearts & Hammers – Twin Cities
Attn: Home Selection Committee
2603 Fairview Ave N
St. Paul, MN 55113
When will the work on my home be performed?
Work is performed on homes June through September. Currently there are three set program days in June, August, and September. Volunteer teams can also set a custom day during the week.
Is there any charge for the work performed?
No, there is no charge to the homeowner to participate in Hearts & Hammers. Hearts & Hammers relies on the time and skill of volunteers and on donated supplies to complete the home improvement projects.
What type of home improvement does Hearts & Hammers provide?
Home improvements are limited to exterior painting and related repairs. Work may include:
- Exterior Painting
- Repair or Partial Replacement of Damaged Siding, Fascia, or Trim
- Accessibility Ramp /Railings
- Stair/Walkway Repair
- Gutter Repair
- Deck/Porch Repair
- Landscaping Renewal
Do I qualify for assistance from Hearts & Hammers?
You may qualify if you answer yes to the following:
- You must own and occupy your home
- Your home must be a single family residence
- You plan on living in your home for at least 2 years
- Your annual income meets our guidelines
- You are at least 60 years old, a Disabled Individual, a Veteran of the United States Armed Forces or a Surviving Spouse
How are Hearts & Hammers homes selected?
Homes are selected based on homeowner application and a technical inspection of the home.