Q: How do I apply for Hearts & Hammers home improvement?
A: Apply online or call 651-636-0797 to request that an application is mailed to you. Review the eligibility requirements and complete and sign the application. Please return printed completed application to the following address.
Hearts & Hammers – Twin Cities
Attn: Home Selection Committee
2599 Fairview Ave N
St. Paul, MN 55113
Q: When will the work on my home be performed?
A: There are three set program days or you can create our own custom day during the week.
Q: Is there any charge for the work performed?
A: No, there is no charge to the homeowner to participate in Hearts & Hammers. Hearts & Hammers relies on the time and skill of volunteers and on donated supplies to complete the home improvement projects.
Q: What type of home improvement does Hearts & Hammers provide?
A:Home improvements are limited to exterior painting and related repairs. Work may include:
- Exterior painting
- Repair or partial replacement of damaged siding or trim
- Accessibility ramp or railings
- Stair or walkway repair
- Repair or replacement of windows and doors
- Repair of retaining walls
- Gutter Repair
- Deck and porch repair
- Landscaping renewal and removal of debris
Q: Do I qualify for assistance from Hearts & Hammers?
A: You may qualify if you answer yes to the following:
- You must own and occupy your home
- Your home must be a single family residence
- You plan on living in your home for at least 2 years
- Your annual income meets our guidelines
- You are at least 60 years old, or a Disabled Adult, or a Veteran of the United States Armed Forces or their Surviving Spouse
Q: How are Hearts & Hammers homes selected?
A: Homes are selected based on homeowner application and a technical inspection of the home.
Q: How can I get more information about Hearts & Hammers?
For more information contact Hearts & Hammers today!