Q: How do I apply for Hearts & Hammers home improvement?
A: Apply online or call 651-636-0797 to request that an application is mailed to you. Review the eligibility requirements and complete and sign the application. Please return printed completed application to the following address.
Hearts & Hammers – Twin Cities
Attn: Home Selection Committee
2599 Fairview Ave N
St. Paul, MN 55113
Q: When will the work on my home be performed?
A: Work is performed on homes June through September. Currently there are three set program days in June, August, and September. Volunteer teams can also set a custom day during the week.
Q: Is there any charge for the work performed?
A: No, there is no charge to the homeowner to participate in Hearts & Hammers. Hearts & Hammers relies on the time and skill of volunteers and on donated supplies to complete the home improvement projects.
Q: What type of home improvement does Hearts & Hammers provide?
A:Home improvements are limited to exterior painting and related repairs. Work may include:
- Exterior Painting
- Repair or Partial Replacement of Damaged Siding, Fascia, or Trim
- Accessibility Ramp /Railings
- Stair/Walkway Repair
- Windows/Doors Repair
- Gutter Repair
- Deck/Porch Repair
- Landscaping Renewal
Q: Do I qualify for assistance from Hearts & Hammers?
A: You may qualify if you answer yes to the following:
- You must own and occupy your home
- Your home must be a single family residence
- You plan on living in your home for at least 2 years
- Your annual income meets our guidelines
- You are at least 60 years old, a Disabled Individual, a Veteran of the United States Armed Forces or a Surviving Spouse
Q: How are Hearts & Hammers homes selected?
A: Homes are selected based on homeowner application and a technical inspection of the home.
Q: How can I get more information about Hearts & Hammers?
For more information contact Hearts & Hammers today!