Volunteers make our mission at Hearts & Hammers possible. We have several volunteering opportunities for people of all ages, experience levels and time availability. Help us make a difference and sign up to be a volunteer below.
“You could tell that the volunteers really wanted to do good. Everyone was very kind and caring.”
Varies; volunteer groups can schedule any time, date, and duration.
Experience / Ability:
No experience necessary. Most of our stations are suitable for all ages (12+), physical abilities, and backgrounds.
- Supply replenish
- Inventory in supply, yard tools and paint sections
Program Day Logistic Volunteer
One day; duration dependent on volunteer availability.
No experience necessary. Must be able to meet physical demands of project.
- Debris removal
- Waste assistance
- Ladder pickup
- Warehouse supply return assist
- Supply replenish to teams
- Coffee and donut pick up
2 training conference calls
2-3 in person meetings with team captains and homeowners
1 Program Day over the course of an 8 week time period
Project management/ management in a related field of construction, or previous Hearts & Hammers leadership experience required.
- Main contact for homeowner & team captains
- Facilitate scope meetings & goal setting
- Onsite program day for team support
- Knowledge regarding Hearts & Hammers process (training provided)
Construction/construction project management background, college students currently in senior year with construction focus or job related experience.
- Roof conditions
- Paint needs
- Home surface type
- Basic exterior needs
- Estimate level of project difficulty
- Overview of technical needs
- Volunteer safety concerns
- Power washing notes
Varies; duration dependent on volunteer availability.
No experience necessary. Volunteers must be passionate self starters whose views align with the mission of Hearts & Hammers.
- Website/ Social Media