Individual Volunteer Opportunities
"In every community, there is work to be done... In every heart, there is the power to do it. – Marianne Williamson
Make a Difference For Those Who Need It
Volunteers are the heart and soul of our mission. You make our work and our clients’ dreams possible; we’re grateful for each and every one of you.
Check out our list of engaging volunteering opportunities for people of all ages, experience levels, and availability and get involved!
- Time Commitment: Volunteer groups or individuals can schedule any time, date, or duration.
- Experience: No experience required. Most of the stations are suitable for all ages (12+) and physical abilities.
- Duties: Organization, inventory, supply replenishment.
If you're looking for volunteer opportunities for teens, this is a great option!
Program Day Logistics
- Time Commitment: 1 day
- Experience: No experience necessary, but must be able to meet the physical demands of the project.
- Duties: Remove debris, ladder pickup, warehouse supply return assistance, coffee and donut pickup.
- Time Commitment: 2 training conference calls, 2-3 in-person meetings with team captains and homeowners, 1 program day.
- Experience: Previous team captain or Hearts & Hammers leadership experience or project management experience.
- Duties: Function as the main point of contact for homeowners & team captains, facilitate scope meetings, goal setting, and onsite program day support.
- Time Commitment: 8 months minimum, weekly commitment varies by volunteer's availability.
- Experience: Construction project management. Suitable for senior college students with a construction focus or related job experience.
- Duties: Identify roof conditions, paint needs, home surface type, basic exterior needs. Provide an estimate of project difficulty, overview of technician needs, repair needed on home and volunteer safety concerns.